Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Instant Pot Omlette

Tried this for lunch today - there are a few things I would change and not sure this will become a regular part of the rotation for me.

Adapted from: None - my own experiment!

My Method:

Ingredients
4 eggs
2 tbs heavy cream
1 pat butter
1/4 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

  1. Mix eggs, cream, salt and pepper gently in a bowl (I don't like when eggs are uniformly yellow - I like them so there's a bit of egg white stuck together).  
  2. Pour mixture into sprayed pyrex (I used PAM).  
  3. Place pyrex on trivet with 1 1/2 c water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.  
  4. Close lid and turn steam valve to sealing.  Manual pressure for 10 minutes with immediate quick release.  
  5. Turn out contents of pyrex on a plate and top with cheese.  Allow cheese to melt.

My Results & Thoughts:

What I didn't like...
Butter made an oil slick on top of the eggs and made it feel slimy.  Yuck.  I hate "wet" eggs.  I would omit the butter in the future.  I think the eggs will still be a little "wet" from the steam.

Didn't realize any time savings with this method however, you don't have to watch the eggs or turn them, so you can do something else while they're cooking.

Eggs stuck to pyrex even with PAM.  Messier to clean than my stainless on the stovetop.

What I did like...
Eggs were fluffy and not overdone.   They tasted fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment